Location: 🇺🇾 Uruguay / 🇦🇷 Argentina / Remote
We are looking for a great developer to join us!
The team is growing to face new and exciting challenges. We are looking for a person that is passionate about solving complex problems.
For this position, we are in search of an experienced Java Engineer. We expect candidates with outstanding analytical skills and a keen desire to learn and apply new technologies.
– Implement new functionality and analyses in our real-time distributed query engine using cutting edge technologies while working massive data sets
– Research and develop solutions to help scale our systems and eliminate performance bottlenecks emphasizing high scalability, high reliability, and low latency
– Build systems to support easier integration of customer data
📝 Initial CV/LinkedIn screening
📞 Screening call
💻 Technical Call
💬 Meet the founder
✉️ Proposal or rejection with a feedback
– Solid knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and algorithms
– Ruby On Rails experience
– Unit testing, Functional testing and Integration testing.
– Good job estimation.
– Good oral and written communication.
– Constant interest in learning.
– Minimum five years work experience as a software/infrastructure engineer, including significant experience with scalable distributed systems architectures using modern commercial cloud infrastructure (we use a mix of web servers, containers, load balancers, databases, message queues, and caches from the big providers)
– Solid CS foundation — you’re able to justify the data structures, algorithms, and techniques used in your code, and you’re able to analyze it with regard to time/space complexity
– Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team
– Demonstrated track record of shipping quality products
– Able to build articulate and justify trade-offs when architecting new functionality
– Good job estimation
– Methodical, organized, and consistent in completing your work
– Good English and Spanish written and oral communication skills
– Constant interest in learning
Nice to have
– Experience with distributed data stores like Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Druid, Clickhouse, etc
– Experience in data science and/or machine learning techniques
– Strong experience utilizing cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
– On-the-job Training
– Skill expansion
– Learn all the days
– Set your own work schedule
– Work Remote
– Time off to study
– Cool Offices
– Open-mind Community
– We provide private health insurance after a year working with us
– We offer a discounted gym membership
– Virtual Events
– Mario kart tournaments